Canton Youth Hockey Association is a non-profit youth hockey organization formed to serve the youth of Canton, Massachusetts. The program is dedicated to introducing boys and girls to ice skating and the great game of hockey. We seek to offer a competit
1 All players born in 2011 or later should complete one or two years in Learn-to-Skate prior to participating in another program.
2 The Mighty Mite program is open to all players born in 2012 or later. Prerequisite is completion of at least one year in a Learn-to-Skate program.
3 Players born in 2012 or 2013 may register for Mites. Prerequisite is completion of at least one year in our Mighty Mite program. Per USA Hockey regulations, players born in 2012 or 2013 are not eligible to participate in our Squirt or Girls program. Also per USA Hockey regulations, players born in 2014 or later are not eligible to register for Mites.
4 Girls born in 2006-2011 have the option of registering to play on a Squirt, Pee Wee or Bantam team (depending on age) with and against boys OR registering to play on a Girls-only team in a Girls-only league. Any Girl wishing to play on two teams should contact the Director of the Girls Program, and may play on a second team provided:
- The player completes a second registration for the second team and pays two full
deposits and registration fees.
- Space is available on another team.
5 Mites, Squirts & Girls U10 players who wish to play goaltender as their primary position should register in the Goalies program. If the player chooses to play only goalie and not to skate on another team, the lower registration fee applies. However, if the player wishes to skate on another team, the player may do so provided,
- The player checks the appropriate box in the registration program indicating his/her
interest in doing so.
- Space is available on another team.
- The team on which the player is a goalie is his/her first priority in the event of a
- The player commits to completing an entire season as a goaltender.
- The player pays a full Mite/Squirt/Girls registration fee.
6 Middle School players must be in grades 6, 7 or 8 (in any school) during the 2020-21 school year and must be born in 2005 or later.
7 With the exception of the Middle School program, all players registered by these deadlines are guaranteed placement on a team. Anyone registering after this date will be assessed an additional $25 late fee and is not guaranteed placement on a team.
8 We expect that our Middle School program will be limited to two teams next season, and, therefore, we may not be able to place every registered player on a team. Placement on the teams will be based on a tryout. Any player who registers, but is ultimately not placed on a team, will receive a full refund of fees paid.
9 All registrations must be paid for on-line at the time of the registration via credit or debit card.
Note 1: In order to participate in any Canton Youth Hockey program in 2020-21, players will be required to complete a separate registration process with USA Hockey. This registration process will not open until April 1 and will require an additional $48 registration fee paid to USA Hockey. We will email all registrants on or about April 1 to remind them of the need to complete this process.
Note 2: In order to register for 2020-21, your family must not have any outstanding balance with the league for the current or prior seasons. If you do have an outstanding balance, you will be required to pay that balance in addition to the deposit for next season. If you are having problems registering, please contact Scott Tourgee, Canton Youth Hockey Treasurer.
Note 3: There is a discount of $150 for the third and fourth players in one family, if the family has three or more players registered in the three programs with registration fees of $750 or higher.
Each year, some players who register ultimately decide not to play. This is very disruptive to our program and to our tryout and team assignment process. Therefore, our refund policy is as follows. This policy will be strictly enforced.
Any request for a refund must be in writing to the Canton Youth Hockey Treasurer. The amount of money refunded will depend on when in the process you decide to leave the program:
1. Prior to tryouts– You will receive a full refund of all fees paid less a non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of 5%. This 5% will cover the credit card processing fee (which is most of it) and other admin costs.
2. Prior to announcement of team assignments (approximate date - April 15) – You will receive a full refund less a non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $100 to cover the same fees described above as well as tryout ice costs.
3. Prior to June 1 - You will receive a full refund less a non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $300. This covers all above costs as well as serving as a deterrent to disrupting the process once teams are picked. Withdrawals at this point create a ripple effect through all of the teams at that level and also on the kids involved.
4. After June 1st, a formal letter to the board must be written to request any refunds and stating the reason for the request. At this stage, a decision on a refund will be voted on at the next board meeting on a case-by-case basis.